Thursday 19 July 2012

Suffering in silence

Migraines.

Anyone who has suffered from this debilitating illness would know that they're not nice to have at all.

Feeling nauseous, blurred vision and the absolutely stabbing pain in the back of your skull which runs up the side of your face to the back of your eyes.

Recently I have been suffering from migraines on a monthly basis....sometimes fortnightly and it sucks. It totally sucks. Normally I can feel the migraine coming on. There is really nothing I can do to stop it and once it's hit there's not much I can do to make it go away. The only thing that makes the pain subside is panadiene, and now this is starting to have little effect.

This week I started getting a migraine on Tuesday afternoon at work. I drank more water hoping it would go away. Once I got home from work I had a relaxing bath, took some pills and went to bed. Wednesday morning I woke up with a slight headache but it wasn't too bad. It was my first day of TAFE which I couldn't miss so I dragged myself out of bed trying to forget the pain and pretend everything was normal. I lasted until about 3pm when I had to go home. Once I got home I went to bed. My fantastic husband got some panadiene from the pharmacy because I couldn't find any in the house!! He also cooked me dinner, but because of the nausea I didn't feel like eating at all, but I knew I had to eat something so I jammed in some bangers and mash.

I couldn't even sit up and watch my favourite show, masterchef. We have another tv in our spare bedroom so I set myself up in there so I could lay down and watch tv. My hubby came to join me and then left me to try and sleep.

Thismorning I woke up hoping that my migraine was gone, but no. My neck is still still and sore and the left side of my face aches. I have tried to sleep it off but I'm still suffering.

I try hard to get on with my normal daily life but sometimes it just gets too hard. I know a few other people who suffer from migraines on a regular basis and I know they too feel like they suffer in silence. You can't see migraines and if you haven't had one before you can't understand the pain that migraine sufferers go through.

My heart goes out to all who suffer migraines because I too suffer and I know EXACTLY how debilitating they can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment